3.07.2016

# Morning Routine # Reader Questions Answered

Q&A Part 2: Morning Routine and Exhaustion



Thank you for your great response to last week's Q&A part one. I have received many questions for future posts and I will do my best to address as many as I can. This week's video is part two of the Q&A, where we discuss establishing one's own morning routine, as well as dealing with exhaustion throughout the day. I really enjoy doing these videos and having these chats with you. Thank you for participating! If you are unable to see the video above, click here, look in the sidebar of this blog, or visit my channel (and don't forget to subscribe) at www.youtube.com/TheDailyConnoisseur

Here are some of the YouTubers I mention in this week's video. Each of these ladies is very different to the other but they all do cleaning videos that get me motivated, and I find their personalities very endearing.

How Jen Does It

She's In Her Apron

Wife Mommy Family Journey

OCD Much?

Next week I will have three short tidy inspiration videos for you. I figured if I love watching the tidy videos on YouTube, I should create some myself! Be sure to check back to the blog regularly next week for updates.

News
Lizzbert compiles her ten-item wardrobe, finally!

Displaced Nation lists Polish Your Poise with Madame Chic as the best of expat non-fiction for 2015.

Comments of the Week

Meagan M writes:

Love this video, especially how you talked about the peaks and valleys. My 3-year-old and 8-month-old are both going through some sleep issues and I am exhausted! But last week (and I'm continuing this week) my goal was to wear real clothes every day! No sweats and tee shirts. And while I'm still exhausted, I've found that I feel better and more productive!


Hi Meagan, I feel the same way. When I am exhausted, I feel worse if I don't get dressed for the day. I'm glad to hear you are marching on!

Charitie M. from Vis a Vis writes:
Your thoughts on every topic in this video - especially conversation amongst new individuals - are spot on. As appealing as "the ten secrets to perfect conversation" or "the fail-safe 25 conversation starters" might be, oftentimes we simply need to be self-assured in the sense that failure is perfectly acceptable and communication will always be a growing process. If we pressure ourselves into performing, by proving our identity as a witty conversationalist, than our minds will be consumed with this thought and this thought only, clouding any effort to engage honestly with someone. Humility and integrity are the necessary ingredients of a conversation.

Hi Charitie, Thanks for another insightful comment. I agree, that if we are so worried about what we are going to say to someone, we end up missing the moment and not being present in the conversation. It's much better to just see how it unfolds and to not be afraid of silence.

This week I would love to hear from you. How is your morning routine going? How do you deal (or not deal) with exhaustion? If you have any questions you want to ask me, please leave them in the comment section for a future Q&A video.

See you next week as I make my bed and tidy the kitchen and living room. Oh la la!

Jennifer x

Visit my Author Website

Facebook facebook.com/JenniferLScottAuthor

Twitter @JL_Scott

Instagram @dailyconnoisseur

Sign up for my Seasonal Author Newsletter

7 comments:

Polly said...

You gave great advice on the exhaustion! Cutting way back on activities and expectations, getting tiny little rests (I would rest on the sofa while my children played around me--10-20 minutes of that gave me enough of a second wind for the rest of the day), going to bed *early* (when my daughter was a baby I went to bed at 8pm every night, because she was such a fitful sleeper! and I got up at 8 am when my 3 year old woke up), and thinking through the planning of essentials such as meals and laundry really go a long way. The season doesn't last forever, but it feels endless when you're sleep-deprived!

Choosing a tiny, kind thing to do for yourself each day is also helpful, in my experience. A hot bath, some time to sit and knit, fresh air, 20 minutes to read a book, sketching or writing for a few moments...these were all small refreshers that I took when my children were very tiny. Just a few minutes of some small investment in your own creativity or peace of mind makes you feel so much more human and energetic.

And it does get so much easier! You just cannot do it all when you have young children...and that's okay. Choose the best and the rest will fall into place!

Kristina said...

Hi Jennifer, thanks so much for your Q&A part 2. It reminded me to get up a little earlier so I can have some quiet time to myself. I have forgotten to do this lately and I've been feeling really frazzled. Also, I would love to see you do a video on organizing the home and home entertaining for Easter. Will you be doing a 10 item spring wardrobe? Could you please tell me if you used a foundation in your "Le no makeup look" and what it was? Thanks so much Jennifer. I really enjoy your videos!

Joanna said...

Jennifer, your videos are great! I have a short question this time - what earings and neckalce are you wearing? I mean the brand and the size. You look really beautiful in it! :)

Bridget said...

This is a great video, I have a 2 1/2 year old son and currently pregnant with our next little boy! I have a tendency to want to do it all and then I'm left down in the dumps when things don't go perfectly! I need to remember to watch this video again when the baby arrives and things will get hard again. I love hearing from you Jennifer and all the wonderful readers you have!!

Anonymous said...

Planning your menus a week at a time and only going food shopping once a week are great time savers, as are the stockpiled freezer meals. But another great time saver is the pressure cooker. Now don't get all scared; today's pressure cookers are NOT like your grandmother's or your mother's. Today's cookers have all sorts of safety features. They aren't going to "explode"! I really don't know how I ever got along before I got mine. I can make a beef stew in less than an hour -- counting prepping -- and it tastes like it's been simmering on the stove all day. I just cooked some dried beans that I had soaked overnight -- in TEN minutes. Normally, one would have to cook them for a couple hours. And I would never make soups or chicken stock any other way. Not only is it quicker, but the taste is so much richer, as all the nutrients and flavor stay in the pot instead of escaping as steam.

Unknown said...

Hey girl! Im from Brasil! I loved to read "Em casa com Madame Charme"! This book is so amazing! Thank you for sharing!!!

Jane said...

Jennifer, I love your blog & books -- and completely agree with the wisdom of an established morning routine -- whatever works for you & your family. There are different seasons in life and I am 52, my children are now grown and on their own. My morning routine is SO important -- it sets the tone for the rest of my day. I am one of those people who get up very early we exist, lol - in fact I get up at 4am Mon - Fri and have for years! Mon, Wed & Friday I work out from 4:10-5., Tues & Thurs, I relax on the couch with my dogs and read or surf the net for an hour while listening to music. As a result of this routine, I always have the time for a good breakfast, and the time to shower, get dressed, pick up before I leave for work -- all in a relaxed manner -- I never feel rushed or pressed for time. Keep up the great work - you are an old soul and I really appreciate your thoughts on savouring life each and every day -- we really only have today to live to the fullest. Cheers, Jane