3.30.2014

# le no makeup look # Makeup

Le No Makeup Look Matte Makeup Tutorial



This week we are exploring "le no makeup look" with a new matte palette I recently purchased from Tarte. But, as always, you do not need to use the exact makeup I use in this video. You can most likely recreate this subtle look from the makeup you already have! All you need are some soft pink, mauve, plum or taupe matte eyeshadows and a soft pink matte blush. This is such a lovely look for when you want to look as natural as possible. No shimmer, no sparkle, just beautiful shades that blend seamlessly into your skin.

I also share a no makeup look trick of mine: to only apply mascara to the outer lashes. This gives the illusion of long lashes but looks marvelously natural at the same time. I wore this very makeup look in last week's video discussing the ten-item wardrobe. I hope you enjoy!

If you are unable to see the video above, click here, look in the sidebar of this blog, or visit my channel: www.youtube.com/TheDailyConnoisseur

Makeup used in this video:

CHANEL perfection lumiere foundation

MAC pro longwear concealer

MAC studio finish concealer

CHANEL éclat lumiere

Sephora eyebrow editor in Honey Blonde

Urban Decay primer potion

Tarte CC Matte palette

Shu Uemura eyelash curler

CHANEL inimitable intense mascara

By Terry lip gloss in Bitten Splash

Dior Porcelaine nail polish

Stella (In the video I use Stella Sheer, but because that is limited edition and only released in the summer, I am providing the link to the original Stella here.)

For more on le no makeup look, check out my book, Lessons from Madame Chic.

FTC: all makeup featured in this video was purchased by me.


** Music in the video: Frédéric Chopin - Nocturne In F Minor, Op. 55. Copyright-free music I purchased from pond5.com

How do you like this look. Will you try it this season?

News
I am featured this week on Kimberly Wilson's Tranquility Du Jour podcast. Check it out here!

Certified Nutritional Therapist, Chelsea Blackbird, reveals the valuable reminders she gleaned from Lessons from Madame Chic in her lovely review on the Daily Nutritionist.

Purple Daisies mentions Lessons from Madame Chic in her Parisian Influence blog post (and she loves it!).

Natasha from Pralines and Crunches breaks down the twenty lessons from the book and mentions how they relate to her life. Fabulous!


Stay tuned next week for the highly anticipated Spring Ten-Item Wardrobe video.



Visit my Author Website

Facebook facebook.com/JenniferLScottAuthor

Twitter @JL_Scott

Instagram @dailyconnoisseur

Sign up for my Seasonal Author Newsletter

7 comments:

Claire said...

Hi Jennifer,
I love the matte look and how you balance it with glossy lips. Tres chic!
As a side note, can you tell me where are your daughters when you are applying your makeup in the AM or in fact, when you are filming this? How do you keep them entertained while you carve out time to get ready? My son absolutely cannot stay put for more than one minute: he is almost 3 not that he did that out of spite/being disobedient, but I think small children are just naturally inquisitive of adult life/world -- I cannot imagine that your daughters are not interested in mommy putting on makeup!

Thanks & always enjoyed your video tutorials!

Claire

La Vie Quotidienne said...

Love the tutorial...and by the way your look adorable.

Emma Knight Peel said...

Fresh and beautiful! It really is hard to tell whether or not you're wearing makeup, or if you just wake up looking gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Yes, beautifully fresh! The perfect way to wear makeup - so that it enhances without being seen on the skin. ( Like good writing - it appears effortless without trying to hard - and you achieve both! )

Linda Kerr said...

What is the total cost of all the products you used?

Unknown said...

Really beautiful look! I'll be trying this for my bridal shower coming up. Thank you so much! :)

Anonymous said...

This is Chopin! So much emotions, I was brought by it to my own country's history, tournaments, sufferings for freedom and dignity which are so visible and touching in this music. The look is pretty I am all elsewhere at the moment though.