12.17.2012

# Christmas # Happy Holidays

Chic Gift Wrap for the Holidays



This past weekend I went to see the Los Angeles Ballet perform the Nutcracker at UCLA's Royce Hall. It was a magical production. I've seen the Nutcracker several times but this year's performance was particularly special. I appreciated the artistic choreography and the familiar, beautiful music. The dancing was mesmerizing and I especially loved seeing the children dance in the ballet... joy emanating from their precious movements.

I like to slow down during the holiday season, cut out all of the hype and unnecessary spending and take pleasure from the simple things: lots of baking, decorations from nature (as you've seen in the last few posts), spending time with family, enjoying the arts and (as you will see this week) getting creative with wrapping presents.

Chic Gift Wrap

Brown paper packages tied up with string... the secret behind my budget-friendly, yet very chic, gift wrap. The key to dressing up your special brown package is in the accessories: beautiful ribbon, unique gift tags or natural materials like raffia, dried fruit and lavender.

If you are unable to see my embedded video, click here, look in the sidebar of this blog, or visit my channel: www.youtube.com/TheDailyConnoisseur

Book News

♥ Check out my interview with Kimberlee from I Have A Degree In This about blogging, publishing and Lessons from Madame Chic. (This same article was also posted on Lucky Magazine's website!) Thank you Kimberlee!

♥ Phyrra is hosting a giveaway of Lessons from Madame Chic on her lovely beauty blog. Enter here.

A final word
I would like to extend my condolences to the families affected by the tragic events in Connecticut this past week. My heart goes out to everyone affected. I pray that we as a society can come together to fix the problems that lie behind these senseless tragedies.

To donate to the Sandy Hook Elementary Victims, you can do so here via United Way.

Visit my Author Website

Like my Facebook Page

Follow me on Twitter

Sign up for my Seasonal Author Newsletter

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw thanks for the shout out! So inspired that a fellow blogger achieved her publishing dreams. Maybe some day I'll write a book :)

Kathryn Bechen said...

Love the brown wrap idea and the bow is so cute!

Mrs. Ingram said...

I am glad you found consolation in art during this time. I love the phrase "joy emanating from their precious movements." Just beautiful and comforting!