9.19.2011

# beauty # Hair

Old Hollywood Hair

We've arrived back in California and it feels great to be home. I am exhausted from the journey so am taking the week off of blogging... But I do have this week's video for you entitled: Old Hollywood Hair.



In the video I show you a modern take on an Old Hollywood hairstyle of the kind that you would see on Rita Hayworth and Veronica Lake. I love those starlets from the Golden Age of Hollywood- they looked presentable always and had so much style and panache! My version of Old Hollywood hair is a little more loose and casual- which keeps the look from becoming too 'costumey' and is appropriate for everyday wear.

If you are unable to see the embedded video above, click here, look in the sidebar of this blog or visit my channel: www.youtube.com/TheDailyConnoisseur

And one last thing... As you know Chopin is my favorite composer- I especially love his nocturnes so I have set this video to Nocturne No. 21 in C Sharp Minor, Op. Posth performed by Aaron Dunn (although You Tube is promoting the iTunes version performed by François-René Duchâble). The music is from MusOpen who is a non-profit that provides copyright free classical music to the public.

I hope you have a wonderful week! Next week I will aim to return rested and restored...

The Daily Connoisseur is now available on Amazon Kindle

Visit my Author Website

Like my Facebook Page

Follow me on Twitter

5 comments:

Lisa D. said...

Your video is perfection, as usual. =) Hope you are doing well!

Lacey R said...

Love the video - aren't hot rollers wonderful? I use them every other day for my hair! Love the Chopin song as well.

Glad you are home safe and sound!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jennifer. I've never used hot rollers before. I've always slept in bendy rollers but I'm going to buy some now! Another lovely video. And I love the red lipstick on you. xx

Maryjane Morris said...

An utter delight as usual, both to watch and to listen! Thank you.

The Daily Connoisseur said...

Lisa, LR, Josephine and Maryjane- thank you so much - I'm so happy you enjoyed the video! I had fun making it... Old Hollywood is a fun look to do. I did it today again as a matter of fact! It's great for when you would like to feel glamorous... Have a wonderful week :) xx