8.19.2010

# Baby # Comme les Français

Update at Summer’s End



I hope you are having an enchanting summer. I know I am. Mr. Connoisseur and I are having so much fun with baby…

I cannot believe it is almost the end of August and the fall season of The Daily Connoisseur is almost upon us!

The following are some updates, observations and announcements:

The 5 minute face (otherwise known as le no makeup look) has been my savior. I am getting little to no sleep what with the baby and all and in the morning it boosts my morale tremendously to be able to hide the dark circles and apply a touch of lip gloss and mascara. My friends even tell me I don’t look tired in the least! (Although they could just be saying that to be nice… I do have thoughtful friends).

My house has spiraled out of control into a veritable dumping ground for baby apparatus, unopened mail and other objects I can't be bothered to pick up. You all warned me it would happen and it has. Granted it is not dirty as I am fortunate enough to have a wonderful lady that helps me clean twice a week, but as far as method and order are concerned, it could be described as Hercule Poirot’s worst nightmare. As I write this my desk is so messy, I’m thinking of moving my computer to another room! I’m sure once I get a grip on things my home will return to its usual sense of order, but until then I must learn to juggle both baby and the Sisyphean tasks that I dread (like organizing my office).

Madame Sportif has departed back to Paris, but in the meantime I have befriended a new French couple! (I know… I’m like a moth to a flame). The story with this couple is quite remarkable- I will share it with you soon. And I, of course, have already racked up some observations Comme les Français to share with you (also forthcoming).

I will be starting a new series in September called The Top 10 Things I Learned While Living in Paris. Although I am having a hard time narrowing it down to just 10 things. Right now it’s roughly 17. It might stay that way too- even though “The Top 17 Things I Learned While Living in Paris” doesn’t sound as nice as "The Top 10"… we shall see.

I am finding little pockets of time here and there to write and I am finally able to start the last rewrite of my mystery novel… It is a fun, old school mystery about a modern girl living in Santa Monica that solves a case involving murder, some missing rubies and a little international intrigue. Think Agatha Christie- but Daily Connoisseur style. If you know of any literary agent or publisher in need of such a revolutionary novel, do let me know.

Lastly, Baby Connoisseur is a splendid little bundle of joy. She is healthy and vibrant and getting bigger every day. Thank you again for all of your lovely comments and messages.

And, as always, if you have any requests for future blog posts, leave me a comment, or email me and I will do my best to honor your request!

Bisous,

Jennifer xx

Pictured above is a beautiful bouquet of flowers given to me by Mr. Connoisseur.

12 comments:

Kamani said...

Sounds like you have a great summer! Can't wait for your new posts to begin.


www.kamaniscombobulations.blogspot.com

CashmereLibrarian said...

Good news coming from the Connoisseurs! I'm happy you're continuing to write as you juggle Baby and Home~!

BTW, I'm coming to LA in October (for USC parent's weekend!) and hope we can meet for lunch?

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Glad to hear that Baby is thriving...and it sounds like you getting into the mommy routine...sleep will be limited for awhile...cat nap when you can and let the domestics slide a little...you and baby are Most Important!
I think the top 10 (Plus Seven More for good measure) works! I for one need all the French tips and hints possible...
A new French couple...great!

Lisa D. said...

Great to hear from you. :) I'm glad things are going so well!!

Rebecca said...

So glad to hear all is going well with you. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your book. I also love to hear about Baby Connoisseur!

BonjourRomance said...

So glad to hear you, hubby, and baby are thriving and dong well! What a marvelous Summer this has been for you.
Bonne chance on finishing up the novel, sounds very exciting.
Bon weekend,
Mimi

Fiona Ferris said...

I too am glad you are still writing. Your Paris series sounds so good.

I'm sure you are the most glamourous mother in LA.

The Daily Connoisseur said...

Hello Ladies! Thanks for your comments. I am excited too about the upcoming France series- writing it has been very fun... I'm currently trying to narrow it down! Hope you are all well...

Cashmere- I would love to see you in October. Let's plan as the time gets nearer xxxx

the gardener's cottage said...

glad to hear you are alive and well and that baby is thriving.

looking back it was probably raising 3 little boys that i streamlined my beauty routine. mascara and lipstick are still all i ever wear and no one ever complains. i say get away with the least possible.

~janet

LilyBart said...

10...17. I generally subscribe to the less is more rule. But in the case of 'things I learned while living in Paris', more could be better.

Can't wait.

And your child is lovely. Have fun.

Tish Jett said...

My Cherie,

Please forgive me for not writing sooner.

I am so very happy for you. How wonderful to have a baby girl, of that I can assure you.

xoxo,
Tish

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

Wishing you good luck with your new novel. It sounds my cup of tea exactly. My last book took me three years to write with Daisy and so don't push yourself too hard. Enjoy the baby. They grow so fast. Write every day but don't worry if it's only for fifteen minutes. You will finish it.xx