3.28.2010

# Los Angeles # Santa Monica

My Trip to Beverly Hills

B and I don't really leave Santa Monica very often but this weekend the weather was so nice we took a trip to Beverly Hills. I realize that most of my readers are not based in Los Angeles, so I took some pictures of the city to share with you...

These are the high rises on Wilshire Boulevard...





The Beverly Hills Plaza Hotel...


Ahhh... this sign always reminds me of Beverly Hills 90210 and ultiamtely, the 90s...



It was such a lovely day, we drove with the top down!


Shopping, shopping...




Love the Teuscher Café... they have delicious hot chocolate...


The Four Seasons, perfect for afternoon tea...


and lastly...

Angelenos love their dogs... here a St. Bernard and Chihuahua coexist amicably...


We had a lovely day that involved buying a ridiculously overpriced pair of trousers at Brunello Cucinelli (note to self, ask the price before walking up to the register!) and as a result had to settle for a less expensive lunch at The Cheesecake Factory- not the chicest place in the world, but it was better than Mc Donalds- which was about all we could afford after the expensive pants debacle!

I hope you had a wonderful weekend...

xo



10 comments:

CashmereLibrarian said...

Ah, brings back such great memories. I remember buying my first pair of Louboutins at Barneys, then driving back down Wilshire to Santa Monica with the top down. Wish I could live this everyday but so happy for the experiences I did have while living in LA!

Unknown said...

Your photo under Saks, what is the name of the store. Thanks for the pics I've never to Beverly Hills, looks beautiful.
bg

Rose said...

I had a similar incident with some face cream this weekend- and I had just gone out to get some washing up liquid- I came back with some uber expensive but very good moisturiser!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! I've never been there but it's on my list!

Anonymous said...

Such great pictures, I hope to make a trip to LA during my time in America. It looks great!

The Daily Connoisseur said...

Thank you everyone for your comments!

Barbara- the store is Façonnable- www.faconnable.com They make great polos- and very preppy up market French clothing...

Beverly Hills is good fun to visit. Although I have an update to report- I got food poisoning from the salad I had at The Cheesecake Factory!

M.Lane said...

I am not that much for LA, but I LOVE Beverly Hills. I spent a rather memorable week at the Beverly Hilton at Christmas a year or two ago and fell in love with the place. Thanks for the memories!

ML
mlanesepic.blogspot.com

Uxille said...

LOL at the chihuahua and the st. bernard. they look cute together though. :D

BigLittleWolf said...

The dogs! Too cute!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,
My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
I was looking for blogs about Beverly Hills to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
Hope to hear from you soon!
Jane

PS--congrats on your book!