8.05.2009

# beauty # Makeup

The Pefect Fall Lip Colors

I love lipstick. Lipstick is the easiest and fastest way (I believe) to add intrigue to your face. When the seasons change, I love changing my lip color and finding different looks. So here are my favorite new fall lip colors- each one different, unique and glamorous unto themselves...

Dior Addict Ultra Gloss Reflect
in Beige Velvet: This lip gloss is ultra chic. It has light reflecting particles that give your lips an "airbrushed" look. Perfect for when you are feeling pristine and powerful.


Plant Love Botanical Lipstick in Sam: This shade is a sheer red currant- a fun twist on the classic red lip. Can be applied in one layer for a sheer look or two coats for a darker Femme Fatale look.


NARS Lip Gloss
in All Night Long (plum berry): This shade is perfect for when you are feeling romantic. Best worn with loose curls, subtle shimmery copper eyeshadow and rosy cheeks.


NARS Lip Gloss in Supervixen
(shimmering nude beige): The name says it all. This shimmering lip gloss adds an alluring, slightly iridescent shade to your natural lip color. A sexy twist on an every day neutral lip.


MAC Lipstick in Patisserie
: This is a limited edition lipstick from MAC's Euristocrat collection. It is the perfect nude color, with a slight pinky hue. Patisserie would be perfect for running through the streets of Paris with a lover or perhaps in search of one...



There you have them... my current favorites for fall. I would love to know what your favorite lipsticks/ glosses are...

Dior image courtesy of: www.sephora.com
Plant Love image courtesy of: www.apotheca.com
NARS in All Night Long couresy of: http://blog.newsok.com/fashionmatters
NARS in Supervixen image couresy of: makeupandbeautyblog.com
MAC in Patisserie image courtesy of: thebeautyoflifeblog.com

7 comments:

Rose said...

I like lipstick lots too but don't end up wearing it enough- it only tends to go on in the evening. I'm a big Dior Addict fan, great colours and very moisturising.

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

I love the packaging of the plant love lipstick. So girlish and cute! I do prefer lipstick to lip gloss I have to say as I hate my hair getting stuck in the gloss! I try to wear neutral shades as I love that look but everybody always asks me if I'm sick! I have recently fallen in love with a Lancôme L'absolu Rouge Number No 131 (Sounds pretty boring) It's a blue red and the smell is so lovely. It doesn't stay on your lips for very long but I do tend to worry when lipsticks do stay for ages what they have put in them! xx

The Daily Connoisseur said...

Hi Rose- I am new to Dior Addict and can now understand the name... I am addicted! I love their high quality pigments...

The Daily Connoisseur said...

Hi Josephine- Thanks for the recommendation with Lancome L'absolu... You would love the Plant Love lipstick- it is a botanical lipstick- free of parabens and the packaging is recyclable!

vicki archer said...

I love Mac lipsticks and that shade 'patisserie' sounds perfect...Have a wonderful weekend, xv.

CashmereLibrarian said...

Oooh, love that MAC! Also, my favorite NARS eyeshadow died, and it's discontinued, so I'm going to follow your Chanel recommendation from awhile back and try a Quad--probably Vanities!

The Daily Connoisseur said...

Hi Cashmere- I'm so glad you're trying the Chanel quads- you wont be disappointed! I love NARS eyeshadow too... what was your favorite shade? I just bought the creme eyeshadow in "corfu" and really like it.